The holidays are stressful during a normal year- this year they're bound to be even more so. From celebrating while social distancing to overspending and overindulging, this holiday season is going to be extra stressful. Harmony Senior Services has compiled some tips and tricks on the best ways to stay safe and sane from now until the new year.
- Reach Out - Seek out community for support and companionship. At Harmony we are all about community and family. Knock on your neighbor's door and say hello. Participate in an activity you normally wouldn't. Stop by for happy hour in the lobby and make a new friend.
- Stay Healthy - Don't abandon all of your healthy habits during the holidays. Have a healthy snack before holiday meals so you only need one helping or one dessert instead of two. Keep up with your workout routine as often as possible. And be sure to get plenty of sleep.
- Make A List - And check it twice. Make a list of everything you need to get done this holiday season. It will help you stay organized and get a great sense of accomplishment once you start checking things off one by one. Harmony is happy to help you along the way.
- Be Flexible - If things don't go exactly according to plan, it's not the end of the world. And let's be honest, when have things ever gone exactly as planned, even before 2020!? Things will be different this year so be realistic and flexible about your expectations.
- Find Fun - Laughter is the best medicine. Make time to find fun, humor, and happiness. In our Harmony communities we are offering a variety of holiday happenings to keep you engaged while also keeping you safe. Everything from Thanksgiving trivia to Noon Year's Eve parties.
SPEND YOUR HOLIDAYS AT HARMONY
Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress/art-20047544