The human body is made up of 60% water. So, it’s no wonder that staying hydrated is fundamental to staying healthy. Start the new year off right by learning the importance of drinking more water.
Why is staying hydrated important?
- Regulates body temperature
- Delivers nutrients to cells
- Keeps organs functioning properly
- Prevents infections
What are the benefits of staying hydrated?
- Improves sleep quality
- Improves mood
- Advances cognition
- Aids in weight loss
What are the risks of dehydration?
- Lack of concentration
- Headaches and migraines
How can I drink more water every day?
- Keep a water bottle beside you
- Add fruit or herbs to your water for flavor
- Drink a glass of water right when you wake up
- Don’t forget about coffees, teas, and watery fruits and veggies
It is recommended that women consume 11 cups of water daily, and men consume 16 cups of water daily. Join our Healthy with Harmony campaign and commit to drinking more water to stay hydrated.