February is Heart Month, a time when everyone can focus on their cardiovascular health. Take a look at Harmony’s top 10 snack choices that are great for heart health, at any age.
- Apples- an apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Blueberries- sweet, tasty, and heart-healthy
- Crackers with Hummus- lots of fiber helps lower cholesterol
- Edamame- soy protein has been linked to lower cholesterol
- Greek Yogurt- Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt
- Nuts- people who snack on nuts are less likely to have heart disease
- Oatmeal- lowers cholesterol and fights high blood pressure
- Popcorn- it’s a whole grain, just go easy on the salt and butter
- Sweet Potato Fries- chock full of antioxidants and potassium
- Toast with Peanut Butter- a great blend of fiber and healthy fats
Snacking between meals is a great way to bring more nutrition to your day and keep you energized and focused. Don’t forget to check nutrition labels and watch out for added sugars and salt.